Arts Award Scheme
Arts Award is a range of qualifications that helps provide young people up to the age of 25 with structured opportunities to take part in arts activities and develop their own creative and reflective skills. There are five different levels: Discover, Explore, Bronze, Silver and Gold and as young people progress through the scheme they can explore new forms of self-expression, meaning-making and also learn important life skills.
Helping young people to:
- discover the enjoyment of creating and participating in arts activities.
- experience arts events.
- develop creative and communication skills that are essential for success in 21st century life.
- explore the work of artists and craftspeople and gain insights into the professional arts world.
- gain experience and knowledge to help progress into further education and employment.
It is vital that children have the opportunity to take part in different arts activities and Story Play is now a registered Arts Award Centre and can work with young people on the Discover, Explore and Bronze and Silver Awards. The Bronze Award can be delivered in a day during a Story Play workshop. The children collect and present evidence of the following in order to pass the award and gain a certificate.
- actively participating in any art form
- at least one arts event and their review of that event
- researching the career and work of an artist or craftsperson
- passing on an arts skill
Click here for more information about Arts Award
To find out more about Story Play CIC can help your school or community group with Arts Award email firstname.lastname@example.org